An International Freight Forwarding Company is seeking for an Operation Specialist.
In this role, you will be working closely with customers, overseas offices, colleagues and third parties.
You will be responsible for planning the most appropriate route for a shipment, cost, transit time and security of the cargo.
You will negotiate the trucking rates and handling costs, be coordinating with the third parties to move the cargo by ocean and air in accordance with customer requirements.
You will be arranging the freight and customs releases. You will source the information from overseas, steamshiplines, truckers, terminals or wherever it is relevant and inform the customers effectively on a daily basis.
You will follow the general guidelines for international trade, handle or follow the ISF filings, insurance and other tasks which are related to that shipment.
You will get involved with the bookings from overseas, approve them and depending on the customer requirements, you will get involved with Purchase order follow up.
You will be the ultimate contact for the customers and guide them during operational flow and make sure their freight moves efficiently through complex procedures.
You will monitor and coordinate the progress of each shipment daily to ensure that appropriate and timely communication is provided to the customers, carriers, overseas offices, regarding discrepancies, changes, or any issues that may directly affect the shipment and operations.
- Bachelor’s Degree, Supply Chain & Logistics concentration a plus!
- Must have 2-5 years of import work experience with Freight Forwarder, NVOCC
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Familiarity with the customs regulations
- Fluent in English, written and spoken
- Excellent communication skills, excellent organization skills
- Strong problem solving and interpersonal skills
- Able to work effectively in a time constrained environment and meet strictly enforced daily deadlines
- Able to multitask and experience with the shipments especially from Asia imports to the US
- Team player
This position do NOT provide sponsorship.
Apply only if you have work authorization
Please send your resume to [email protected]