International Freight Forwarder is currently seeking the addition of enthusiastic import/export coordinators in our NJ office. This is a full time position with Medical benefits. There is growth opportunity with this position. Salary compensatory based on experience and knowledge of the job description given. Ideal candidate will be offered a competitive salary, and 2 weeks of vacation time plus sick and personal days.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate and successfully manage import and export shipment daily operations with customers, carriers, vendors, and overseas agents
- Providing freight quotations, documentation requirements, to customers and overseas agents
- Making export bookings over the phone or online with carriers, scheduling deliveries and pick-ups with vendors and carriers, filing AES, and sending pre alert emails, tracking and tracing the shipments
- Review SED’s, commercial invoice, packing list, Letters of Credit, and prepare inland bill of lading, HBL, MBL, Certificates of Origin, Insurance Certificates accordingly
- Monitor and coordinate the progress of each shipment daily to ensure that appropriate and timely communication is provided to the customer, department manager, carriers, agents, regarding discrepancies, changes, or any issues that may directly affect the shipment and/or operations.
- Ensure the accurate receivables and payables, resolve billing discrepancies quickly.
- Other duties as required by your supervisor/manager
Knowledge & Skills
- Working knowledge of ocean export-import documentation and regulations
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Ability to work efficiently and accurately
- Must be detail oriented and multitasking
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Customer focused with positive attitude
- Proficiency in MS Office
Required experience: Minimum 1 year Import / Export operations experience with a freight forwarder
Required education: Bachelor’s Degree
Sorry, Visa/Sponsorship is not available.
Please send your resume to: [email protected]